Sunday, March 8, 2020

WHO?

Copyright (c) 2020 by Randall R. Peterson ALL RIGHTS RESERVED This is a work of fiction. All persons, locations and actions are from the author's imagination or have been used in a fictitious manner.



By R. Peterson

I’m no stranger to this town … I’ve been here many times before.
I’ve broken windows, battered trees … and opened every unlatched door.

Most call me nameless trouble … so few who call me friend.
I’ve stolen sheets from drying lines … and torn them end to end.

My name is spoken harshly … by vile and twisted tongue.
If only given one more chance … for every bell I’ve rung.

I fall in love in winter … with spring I have a fling.
Summer’s captured broken hearts … in fall to scatter is my thing.

I’ve stolen hats from gentlemen … mayors, thieves and crooks.
Burst my way into your schools … smashed blackboards, taken books.

I lurk behind tall busses … a vile and nasty storm.
Reaching under dresses … with hands so seldom warm.

The coppers they do fear me … no cuffs can bind my hand.
I spit loud music everywhere … a tuneless blowing band.

The sound of snow’s destruction … a record on the move.
I broadcast mud and spackle … I fill up every groove.

They’ve cursed my name with vengeance … and shook their fists with scorn.
I’ve ravaged pristine farmlands … and flattened rows of corn.

I shake shutters in the night … I bang gates for fun.
I’ve licked the frost from garden rows … and wet them with my tongue.

No man has ever seen me … no woman can describe.
The length and color of my hair … the texture of my hide.

I’m no stranger to this town … to many I have sinned.
I won’t answer any phone … but you can call me wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments about my stories ... you Faithful Reader are the reason I write.